Bulk Buying for Beginners
Live weight - Hog's weight when it steps off the trailer
Hanging weight - Carcass weight with skin, innards, and hoofs removed. The hanging weight of half a hog can range from 60-120lbs.
1) Reserve your hog and pay the deposit.
2) You will receive an email confirmation of your deposit.
3) Another email will be sent approximately one week before the butcher date to ask you to call into our meat processor. They will walk you through your options and help you determine what is best for your needs.
4) As soon as we have a hanging weight for your hog we will email you an invoice for your balance with Zedland Farm, Inc.
5) Once the balance of your invoice has been paid in full you will be allowed to pick up your meat directly from our processor.
6) You are responsible for paying their processing fees directly to the butcher at the time of pick up.
*The deposit is non-refundable. On the final invoice this will be deducted from your balance.*
The following information is based on typical weights and current pricing. Due to variations between hogs and growing season conditions, this info should be taken as an estimate. You may request hogs on the smaller/larger side and we will accommodate if at all possible.
Hanging Wt x $/lb
Pork - Half
Due to Zedland Farm
90 lbs x $2.65 =
Due to Butcher
Estimated Cost for Half and Whole Hog
Spare & Baby Back Ribs
Total take home
Exact processing and packaging of your hog will be determined on your cut sheet.
Half Hog Breakdown