100% Grass-fed and Finished Beef
Cattle returned to Zedland Farm in 2016. We firmly believe in being good stewards of the land and want to produce the best quality meat possible, so naturally we decided to raise 100% grass-fed/grass-finished beef. We follow all of the production protocols of the Wisconsin Grass Fed Beef Coop (WGBC) We do not use antibiotics, growth hormones, or GMO seeds on our pastures. Our animals are raised and slaughtered as humanely as possible.
Estimated Cost for Quarter Steer
Hanging Wt x $/lb
Due to Zedland Farm
Due to Butcher
Steer - Quarter
175 lbs x $3.80 = $665
The above information is based on estimated weights and current pricing. Due to variations between steers and growing season conditions, this info should be taken as an estimate. You may request steers on the smaller/larger side and we will accommodate if at all possible.
Processing fees could vary widely depending on how you choose to customize your order. Please see our processor's link for details
Bulk Buying for Beginners
Live weight - Steer's weight when it steps off the trailer. Two year old steer averages 1000 (+-250)
Hanging weight - Carcass weight with skin, innards, and hoofs removed. The hanging weight of full steer is about 700 pounds (+-200)
1 of items - 1 of items (hearts, tongue etc) are on a first come first served basis. Please include your request in the order notes and we will accommodate if possible
For the Super Curious:
1) Reserve your Quarter Beef and pay $100 deposit
2) You will receive an email confirmation of your deposit.
3) Another email will be sent approximately one week before the butcher date to ask you to call into our processor. They will walk you through your options and help you determine what is best for your needs.
4) As soon as we have a hanging weight for your steer we will email you an invoice for your balance with Zedland Farm, Inc.
5) Once the balance of your invoice has been paid in full you will be allowed to pick up your meat directly from Kewaskum Frozen Foods.
6) You are responsible for paying their processing fees directly to the butcher at the time of pick up.
*The deposit is non-refundable. On the final invoice this will be deducted from your balance.*